Monday, July 23, 2012

Pandemonium: Review

Finally! I've read Pandemonium! So here's the summary from goodreads:




I'm pushing aside the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.

Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.

***

It's just, it's so not right. You can't do this, Lauren Oliver. Why did you leave that damned freak cliffhanger to us? Alex shows up and... nothing else? What the hell is this? You have to write Requiem fast, or I will die because of the whole cliffhanger-disease.

Julian is a good distraction, like many fans say. And Lauren can put the Alex part into Julian in a real brilliant way. In some ways I want Lena to be with Julian instead of Alex. I bet Julian will be the Wilds in Requiem. And I can see that he CARES for Lena. So why not Julian x Lena? It's one easy choice for me.

Still, I am Team Alex, not Team Julian. Because of what Alex did for Lena's safety in Delirium. But I really wonder where the hell had Alex been to? If he's alive, he'll probably find Lena much sooner. I just don't see that the whole late-appearance is because he couldn't/can't find Lena in Pandemonium. Guess it will be revealed in Requiem.

One thing is that Alex appears too few times. I want more Alex, you know. Not that the whole love-less thing is bad. In fact, it makes me more concentrated on the whole Lena-is-a-spy thing. But I just want more memories and pasts.

Raven is one of the good parts of Pandemonium. I think that she will play a big part in Requiem, depends on what she will tell Lena. She is the one who changes Lena from a ordinary school girl from Zombieland (or the Valids, whatever) to a warrior and a spy from the Invalids. Maybe she will make some huge changes in Requiem.

And what will Lena become? I can see that she will have to choose between Julian and Alex, and I hate the whole love-triangle-plus-agrument thing. This is kind of lame. So I hope that the appearance of Alex doesn't bring to a she-is-mine-no-she-is-mine thing. I will throw the book to the wall if Lauren Oliver does this.

And I have a real wild theory about Alex's appearance. Maybe he becomes one of the Scavengers? I really hate this idea. And why did he say to Julian not to believe Lena. A small and irrational part of me wants to cover me with the idea that he can't see that the girl is Lena at the moment. He can only see the scar behind her left ear. But the other part of my mind says that this is bigger, much bigger. I can feel that something between Lena and Alex will change. Lena has to build up something.

And Julian? How will he react when he finds out what's happening in Pandemonium? Will he be the Wilds? I hope so. At least helping Lena and all the Wilds is a good thing. But towards the relationship between Lena and Alex? Not so fortunate. He will probably unhappy or worse, freak out. And I like Julian despite the fact that I am Team Alex.

I really miss Hana in Pandemonium. I just want to know more about her loveless life with the mayor's son. She doesn't appear in Pandemonium, which is a kinda sad part of Pandemonium. I look forward to her life in Requiem. And I don't want her battle Lena or make her as an enemy.

Between now and then, I like now more than then. I know that then plays a really big part in Pandemonium, because then states the life of Lena when she is with the Wilds. But I love the whole spying-on-Julian-Fineman thing. Lauren can write this in a really good way, and I appreciate her for that. But in some ways I don't want Lena to be that severe like Raven, because when she continues to be that way, she will be ruined like Raven, and see the world in a twisted way, and she will never be the same, her relationship with Alex and Hana and Julian and the ones who are close to her will never be the same.

And I want Requiem. I can hardly stand the cliffhanger at the end of Pandemonium. And I hope that Requiem will not end in a way like Mockingjay, or I will be heartbroken.

P.S. I know that writing a review of Pandemonium now is really late, but I love that book. Really.

Rating: 8.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment